Helen Martinez is an attorney and serial entrepreneur who founded WKND WYFR, an elevated lifestyle accessories company, in 2017. Helen practiced law for nearly a decade in private practice and as in-house counsel, and built a SaaS-based company focused on the financial due diligence sector, which she sold to a public financial services firm in New York in late 2014. She is also the owner and President of Black Elk, Group, LLC, a commercial real estate development, investment and consulting firm located in Downtown Orlando. In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How Helen has combined her multiple passions for law, design, and business to pave the way for her serial entrepreneurial journey. (2:22)
- Her journey starting her own company alongside her full time job and juggling motherhood with an infant and toddler. (9:48)
- How she took a need she saw in her industry, combined with her in depth knowledge on the topic and turned it into a software solution. (12:04)
- The steps Helen took to self-fund the software and her experience selling the company before it hit market. (15:10)
- Embracing a beautiful, colossal fast failure that helped Helen hone in on her genius and make room to explore real estate development. (22:25)
- The beginnings of WKND WYFR, Helen’s elevated lifestyle accessories company that was born in a day during a trip to India. (25:26)
Follow @ceoschool on Instagram for inspiration and exclusive behind-the-scenes you won’t find anywhere else. We also have an absolutely incredible FREE resource for you–it’s the 7 lessons we learned building 7 and 8 figure businesses, these are complete game changers and we want to give it to you, completely free. All you have to do is leave a review of the podcast–why you love listening–screenshot the review, and email it to email@example.com and we’ll send it your way.
See you in the next class!
Tune in to the episode at: