Lisa Song Sutton is an entrepreneur, real estate investor and former Miss Nevada. She started her business career working in a top Las Vegas law firm, specializing in business litigation. She then went on to create companies of her own. As a diversified entrepreneur, Lisa has scaled multiple 8 figure companies. Her business portfolio includes Sin City Cupcakes, Ship Las Vegas, Elite Homes – Christie’s International Real Estate, and Liquid & Lace swimwear.
In addition to her work as an entrepreneur and real estate investor, Lisa has published numerous articles for Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and Business Insider on business and entrepreneurship. Lisa shares her message of leadership, empowerment and action with audiences from the TEDx stage to local schools, encouraging private sector to come off the sidelines and get involved in their communities.
Lisa continues to stay actively involved in her community serving on non-profit boards, including StartUpNV – Nevada’s largest statewide business incubator. Lisa is a member of YPO (the Young President’s Organization), a former Global Shaper selected by the World Economic Forum and was named a Top Ten Social Entrepreneur to Watch by Inc. Magazine.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- From the pageant stage to the boardroom, Lisa shares her journey and secrets to becoming an entrepreneur, and it all started with cupcakes (2:42)
- With a keen eye for growth and scalability, Lisa explains her next venture into real estate (8:27)
- As women we often have million-dollar ideas we’re afraid to monetize, Lisa and Suneera talk about how it’s important for women to capitalize on every opportunity we have (11:12)
- You may have heard of investment homes but have you heard of investing in storage units? Being the jack of all trades, Lisa talks about her storage unit business and why she is a big believer in throwing yourself into hands-on experience in the industry you’re investing in (15:01)
- Call it hustle or ambition, Lisa explains how she’s just hard-wired to keep building and growing her own businesses (22:41)
- Lisa shares what she’s doing to make more of an impact and how she pays it forward (25:46)
- It’s not all roses and sunshine, Lisa gets candid and explains some of the failures and lessons she has learned over the years, including being overlooked and undermined in a male-dominated space (28:33)
- Lisa and Sunnera share why they believe finding the right people in business, the right mentors, and the right support network, are sure-fire ways to develop and grow and be successful. (36:59)
Connect with Lisa:
FULL EPISODE TRANSCRIPT HERE
Follow @ceoschool on Instagram for inspiration and exclusive behind-the-scenes you won’t find anywhere else. If you’ve enjoyed today’s episode, please leave us a five star rating telling us what you enjoy the most. We will be sending CEO School swag for the next 100 reviews so don’t miss out. Write a review and send us a screenshot at email@example.com to claim your swag.
Tune in to the episode at: